I was just getting ready to start typing this post, when I heard a loud, blood curdling scream from upstairs. It was Carly, but what was wrong? I bolted upstairs and was greeted with a cute little voice asking to go potty. What a relief. As you might be shocked to read, Carly (age 3) is still in a crib. Partly because she likes it. Mostly because I am so indecisive. I have been looking at and pricing cribs for the past 6 months. I wish someone else would just make the decision for me & have the furniture show up at our house.
But getting back to this potty call, I realized a few things. The first being, I was quite winded running up those steps. It's time to hit the gym a little harder. Second, I really liked being needed and the ability to sneak in an extra hug and snuggle.
Also, I wondered how much longer she would need me to pick her up on my knee to help her reach the sink. How much longer will she want my help, at all.
It was a sweet moment as I laid her back down to bed, and one that a mother will always cherish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment